Wednesday, October 12, 2016

More Research!

As promised I'm following up on my Housing idea post and I gotta say a lot of people do this.

I'm really into the idea.

Camper is really a bigger thing to me then RV though...


I'll need a couple hundred items to go with both but I've handled trailers before so I think learning to haul a camper is more up my alley then a bus sized RV...


So far the tips I've found are Smaller is better if your going to be on the move, and if your going to stay put go for some upgrades to deal with faulty power.

A friend suggested I look into Composting toilets to say on my black water tank since without the toilet water it'll just be "Grey Water" and I can dump that into trees...

First off let me explain that part:

Grey Water is Sink, shower, everything but toilet water.  This is safe to dump only plants you wont eat (flower gardens, trees (even fruit trees!), and grass).  This is easily recycled.

Black Water is really sewage... Its EVERYTHING but its reclassified because what a human produces is toxic unless its properly disposed of, AKA dumping stations for blackwater.

In the camper case, I think i'll look into setting up two tanks.  One for toilet and grey water and another for ONLY grey water so I can dump more easily if we do boondock.  A composting toilet is great when you have a place to compost but when moving that will be a lot harder.  And I want the freedom to move without a mulch bin on my campers ass.  (FYI, compost is toxic to animals so you wouldn't want to have that in the open.  If dumping grey water you'd wanna make sure there were no puddles too.  Puddles attract pest and blood suckers)


But thank you camping friends for that... Info.  Naturally they camp more on their land so dumping compost into a hole to bury isn't to big a thing for them and since its never more then a week its never much.  Same for bathing and dish water.  The ideas were really awesome.



Next I was warned about Humidity and mold. 

Campers leak.  And if it goes unknown for too long you end up with mold IN the walls which must be ripped out, cleaned, and replaced.  Its costly and expensive.

But it can be avoided by winterizing, sealing, parking under cover (not trees but a awning), using dehumidifiers, opening windows when using heat/cooking... Pretty much a lot of what you'd do for a basement or old house.

Air flow, a good "Roof", sealing, and alittle help from dehumidifiers and moister absorbers.  I know a good dehumidifier runs a few hundred but I've already picked a 15 dollar one.  I plan to get one for each room and a few of the moister absorbers to help keep it nice a dry.

Because of the dogs and living in this thing, i'll probably add on front to back fans (to generate a breeze, saw that suggestion on a living with pets post), and of course windows will be opened to allow doggy sniffing.

In case theres already mold, i'll probably be checking behind sheet rock...  That stuff can be toxic!




Its not a lot of room...

Ya, Campers are going to be like a galley kitchen.  Long, crampt, and straight.  I've lived in small Apts... I can deal.

If you go for one with slides you can increase your walking space!  Plus I don't need everything... 

Were a couple, we need ONE bed and we need computers not a table so we can get rid of second beds, the dinette table/bed combo they often have, ect.  What we do need is a desk (long table works!), dog bed areas (hey I opened the floor plan with that dinette gone), our kitchen (Only I cook so, smalls cool..), a bed room/bed area (Hey, gotta sleep!), bathroom (Again, its a need but most have these!).

Laundry room?  Hah, were use to laundry mats.  Big bathroom?  Please, I don't do make up.  A sink is for brushing teeth and a tub is for showers!  A toilet just needs to let me fit.  I'm not picky.

Closet and storage?  I'm down sizing stuff and I have maybe 12 shirts and a couple pair of pants...  Be realistic, my boyfriend has more clothes then me!  I just need my kindle, coffee maker and coffee, computer, and pets...  Oh, and my boo of course...

I'm a simple person! 

Dog food?  Pfft, we moved to a raw diet.  Cost about the same as their dog food and its saving vet bills.  Then again I didnt feed my babies the junk stuff.  It was 30 bucks a week for high quality like Flint River, Call of the Wild, and Rachel Ray wheat and corn free! 

To be fair, high quality food reduces Dr bills so its a healthy investment.  Plus they eat about what we would so its not hard to keep the items fresh and not increase the amount we buy. 



Downside?  I like to buy in bulk but I probably wont be able to go buy a 50 pd bag of rice for 10 bucks...  Ever seen those?  Their HUGE and HEAVY bags!  Be hard to store canned (home canned that is) goods.  Their abit bulky.





Well, I think that's long enough for now!  Till next time!

Wolfe

No comments:

Post a Comment