Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Coloring Books?

Okay, I talked about Fidget Spinners... Inch worm pointed out that the coloring books were the same thing but it was mostly women that were into them.

I atleast understood this one.  It was suppose to relief stress to focus your mind to a simple task where you had complete control.  It was a creative outlet.  It was connecting to your inner child..  Thats about the line the reasonings went.

And honestly, I like the coloring books.  They were pretty cheap but you had to buy more.  They have interesting designs and could be displayed, had tons of options, and I just enjoyed having something that wasnt connected to a machine to occupy my time while stressed. 

Art wasnt really my creative outlet but anyone can fill a space with color.  Seeing the black and white fill with rainbows of color was amazing to me and it made me feel like it wasnt a waste of my time so I had something to show when I finished. 

The fads dying out now but I still enjoy doing it because it lets my brain calm because the designs keep me focused...

I guess Fidget spinners might could do the same for some people but its easier to twirl that thing then to get out a coloring book...  I still dont like them (mainly because of the type of people i've seen using them... I just dont like the hipster wannabes... They are douche as fuck and I wanna knock their teeth out.  Its not their ideas or the way they look.. Its just how they act and treat people, cant stand it.  I have little tolerance for people that think their better then everyone and that constantly hate on people).

So if you like fidget spinners... Good for you.  I still wont use one.  But if it honestly helps you calm down and deal with life then have at it.  I still say its over priced and highly suggest you google DIY options because there are some cool ones that can be made with zip ties and nuts.

And if you enjoy the coloring books, then dont be ashamed.. I like them too.  Its a great creative outlet for those of us that cant or suck at drawing.

Wolfe

No comments:

Post a Comment