Monday, January 18, 2016

Hello, my name is Wolfe and im a Addict



They say the first step to recovery is admitting your issue. Well im a shopaholic!

No really, I got a few gift cards for surveys I did and I managed to blow through 80 bucks in two days via amazon... On what you ask..? Books. Yap, Wolfe spent every dime on Kindle books... She is slightly ashamed. But only slightly.

I mean, the comics are soo good! I only bought vol 1... How was I to know there were 200 volumes? It was just 99 cents a piece! Oh, and then I got 3 for 50% off!! And then there was the spin off and the side stories... I just couldnt wait, I had to read it now, now!

Ya, im slightly ashamed...

Now why with this post you might ask? Because I couldnt stop. And when you hear about addicts, whats the one thing people say? "Why didnt you just stop." Just like depression, its a mental thing that you cant turn off.

Unlike other addicts, my little habit only hurt me since I lost out on saving abit of cash to buy some new appliances or package foods via amazon. For others, it hurts entire families and even the users body.

But the first step is admitting the issue, the second step is getting help-which is the hardest step (and I personally will be ignoring it myself!).

If you do suffer from any addiction then speak with your family or friends about it and then seek proffessional help if its needed. From there (depending on the help needed) you'll start a serious of recovery plans to help you manage or completely quit your addiction.

And remember, we all have a addiction or bad habit. So never assume its as easy as "Just stop." More then not, we dont see a problem with it till its too late. Why? "because smoking pot only affects me, not them." or "Its my money, I can gamble if I want with it." and "We really do need that new blender, but oh that toaster is only 100 bucks, its a steal! whats a wine chiller? Do I drink wine? Oh its 50% off, i'll find a use for it!" And soo many more.

Good luck with your addiction, however minor and I hope you enjoyed the post!

No comments:

Post a Comment