Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Downsize Pt 5

Christmas Over, gotta work...


So here I am.. Dreaded Box...

Books.

*sniffles*


So for starters I made three stacks.  Memories, How To, Other

So Memories.  These I cant toss... Scrapbooks, Signed, Special Gifts...

So I called family.  "Hey, I got this from Granny.  I wanna pass it to your 6 yr old!"  "Hey, you like Stephan King right?  I got his autograph..  "Mooomm!  Will you hold my scrapbooks for a few years?  I don't want them ruined in storage."

Not exact words but the right idea.  Don't toss your shit on your parents... I only gave her the scrapbooks because I didn't want them ruined in storage.  There was old photos from the Great great great grand parents and letters from the 1800s in these.  This was a special thing.  Priceless.  She wanted to take them too.


So for the most part, those items will all find their way back to me in time or stay in the family atleast.


Next:  How To


The internet is great.  How To books are only worth it if you cant find the info free.  I donated most of these and gave a few to family that liked the topic.  Survival, crafts, cooking, even a couple drawing.  They served the purpose.

I kept one or three.  But only because I knew the info was harder to find free or because it was just a great hand book (I kept my knitting book because it was small and super detailed on making some really difficult stitches.  And a cooking book for cast iron.  It has recipes, cooking over or in a fire, and great tips for cleaning and caring.  I think its worth the space.  Lastly was a book I got for Jack of All Trades type deal.  Like 101 things you can fix yourself and how.  Pipes, electric, even a some car work.  Its nifty and nice to have around).


Lastly, Books...


I read.  Digital and physical.

This cut me to the bone...

So first:  Did I like the book?

Next, what don't I have on Kindle.. Can I get it on the kindle for under 3 bucks?

Lastly What would I WANT to reread...


And that's what I kept...  Thanks to Kindle and about 100 bucks, I cut down to about 20% of my library... Only a walls worth.

I packed them all up and donated the others.



And now you know my heart ache... I took a couple to the local hospitals, old folk homes, and daycares (Yah, I had some from when I was younger.)


Its disappointing, but cleansing...

Wolfe


No comments:

Post a Comment