Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Who Left Me Unsupervised?!

They left me alone near books... I couldnt help myself... I only HALF of my pay check.. >>;  I.. I think thats better then my whole check... 

Luckily the new job has a shitty selection so its not tempting but this Ollies had a really good variety... And they were all SUPER cheap! 

Farming, Camping, Herbalism, Gardens, Art, Fantasy, Horror... I was in hog heaven...
Then I got dragged away, told I looked like a rabid dog, and taken to the tiny little farmers market... There was like 6 stands...

I spent the rest of my check on potatoes, strawberries, eggs, and tomatoes..  Not many tomatoes..

So I spent my off day (a sunny, humid one) outside on 2 electrical burners.  I made jam, jelly, fruit fillings...  Tomato sauce, soup, and stewed... Canned boiled potato (its like instant mashed potatoes, season, cook it, store in a little water and then dump, smash with fork, splash of milk and butter, done.  Not quite as fast as the flakes but it taste a lot better).  I made a bunch of baked potatoes that I now freeze (always cook them first or they turn black).  I put others in storage for later use. 

The eggs went in the out door fridge since they had never been in a fridge (fun fact, eggs can sit room tempt as long as they arent put in a cooler of any kind.  But our room tempt is a bit hot at this time so I figured the crappy outdoor fridge would work better).  I also attempted a potato loaf of bread.  A bit too heavy, will have to try a new recipe.

But yah..  This is why you dont leave me alone in public.

Now im going to try and start potatoes in a bin...  Because I love potatoes and onions... Especially with a fatty seasoned meat like sausage... 

Dont give me those looks either, I am part Irish but im also dirt poor... I learned to love cheap foods and potatoes are better then ramen (in my opinion... But I ate nothing but ramen for 5 months straight.  I now hate the packaged stuff.  It has to be the more expensive cup or handmade noodles... I even use different noodles in my ramen bowls.)

So Kiss Me, Im Irish.  And dont forget the booze too... Booze goes well with potatoes.. Yum.

Wolfe

No comments:

Post a Comment