Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Yay... They Hired Me...

Got me a job... Apparently the locals tip well because they had NO need of waitresses... So little need they said my application would get shreaded because they rarely had anyone quit. 

The other place said I didnt have the right assets... Seeing what the staff looked like, I can agree, my natural size has nothing on implants and I dont want to be gawked at anyway.  I had no issue sharing that detail and telling the owner that the place smelled like coffee and cat piss (Oh yes, I knew about the cats she hoarded upstairs..)  So that job is a no go.  Forever.

The last place was a huddle house.  They had JUST filled a job but they did promise to keep me in mind.  So thats a backup..

And finally, UGH, Walmart... They had me apply online, pulled my info, interviewed, and hired me in the span of three hours.  Apparently they had just like lost a couple people that day (oh it didnt sound promising for me..) and they needed someone NOW and they bumped me up because I was there at that moment. 

I was given a spare uniform vest, a name tag with someone elses name, and told to go stock stuff till they could train me on how to work registers.  Oh good God, I shelf'd SO many cans of tomatoes I hope I never see them again... Ironicly, Inch Worm made Italian for Dinner... I honestly didnt mean to scream at him...

So after what felt like forever (really 2 hours..) someone came to show me where to put the boxes, what to get next, and then they sent me upfront to restock buggies that had been left full of stuff.  After the 5 hour mark, I had to wrangle buggies for 2 hours.. Im not sure if they lost the usual guy or if they were just trying to keep me busy because I didnt know what to do yet.

Needless to say, I walked around... In nice clothes... For a good 7-8 hours (with 2 breaks of 10 minutes.. I took them between stocking because I had no clue where the break room was yet..) and that was my "first" day... 

My next day I actually got some training, I was given a schedule to work late nights while I learned the ropes (I think they really just wanted me as a stocker..) but jokes on them, I dont wanna work the rushes and im a night owl..  I love the idea of working late!  Plus inch worm stays up late and sleeps alot during the day... Works out.

So.. Yah.  How is everyone elses life?  Mine kind of sucks at the moment.. But atleast the bills will get paid... Thats what I just keep telling myself as I stock the 1000th can of corn and okra...


PS I was actually hired in June.. Mid June, but I had other post set to run that I wrote up during the two weeks of no internet/Grid Power.

No comments:

Post a Comment