Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Never Bite More Then You Can Chew...

Ever heard that old saying...  Don't bite off more then you can chew?  Well don't promise it neither!  If you say "I'll do anything" or "I'll give anything" then be ready... 



Personally I've got a VERY bad habit of making these sort of statements.  So when one of my dogs got loose (In Atlanta that's a BAD thing even if your not down town!) I did the only thing I could do while I ran around searching every nook and cranny.  I prayed.


Im a Christian, yes.  And I pray atleast once a day.  But I know they get answered... Often with what most would call "Funny" ways...


So, my youngest got loose... I freaked.  After an hour I start saying the things you should never say unless you mean it.  "God, i'll do anything just please keep her safe and help me find her."  Well.  I got my wish.


Shes safe.  She's in the ONE patch of woods for miles.  Shes Treed a HUGE Coon!  Its up there hissing and growling and shes bouncing trying to get it.

So I start running to her.  Shes in a HUGE patch of brairs and thorns.  I have to crawl in after her *Ow..Ow...Ow...* and all shes got is a cut or two.  Me?  Im in a short skirt, a thin shirt, and some luckily hard bottomed flip flops...  What I got on is stuck or hung on the thorns and im bleeding from alittle of everywhere.

So I crawled in.  Crush most of them down, so it was mainly hitting knees and below, picked up her 75 pound fat bottom and carried her to safety. 


Luckily, I had a leash.  And that coon all but shot between my legs trying to get away! 

Someone had some sick sense of humor with that one...


So im standing there all bloody and cut, fussing over my dog and checking the 2-3 cuts she got to make sure shes okay, and you know someone actually had the nerve to ask if I got in a Cat fight?  That poor bastard almost got his eyes clawed out... Hey, give me a break, I was hurting and I did NOT appreciate that comment.


So I walked the mile or two back home... Bloody, cold, and pulling leaves and vines out of my hair.  I got looks.  I was feeling alittle more then humble too..


So long story short.  I said "Anything" and I got cut up, embarrassed, and my Lucky Star of a dog was safe and sound...  I'd probably do it again.


Well I hope you got a laugh out of that... Im off to soak in some disinfectant...  And get all bandaged up.



God Bless and be safe.

~Wolfe

No comments:

Post a Comment