Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Downsizing! Part 4

This one will have more then one thing since it didn't effect me!  (HAH!)




Part 4:  Closet


1.  Stop me if you've heard this one, but theres a trip where you turn ALL of your hangers the wrong way and then at the end of the year you see whats left and get rid of it.

Naturally you need to keep that one suit/dress incase of a funeral or job interview... And maybe you wanna hold onto those jeans from high school to use to encourage you to lose weight...  But lets face it.  Those jeans aren't in the right place to help you say no to fast food and ice cream.

So unless it cost a arm and a leg and is for special occasions, donate it.

Also:  The Queen is never asking you to lunch.  Nor is the president.  You need one, maybe 2 nice outfits and atleast one of them has to be for a funeral.  Unless you dress up daily for work the rest can go...  But if you do that daily then you apparently have avoided that outfit for some reason.  Toss it.


Now I know this sucks because weight loss places tell you to buy smaller things to encourage you to lose, but the back of your closet is full and its not doing any good.  Unless your SERIOUS about it, your not doing anything but wasting money and space...  But, if you must, see below!

2.  Vacuum seal.  Its not just for meat!

Get your space bags and vacuum and shove those out of season items and/or things you want to keep out of your hair.  Maybe under that hell hole that is your bed! 

If you have kids, stick them there.  Tell them it keeps the monsters away and cure two headaches.


3.  Store Seasons.  No really, if its 100 degrees then sweaters can be put somewhere with less traffic till their needed.  Vice versa for the tank tops and swim suits come winter.


4.  Shoes...  You don't need a million.

Look, I know its against the norm, but I am a woman.  I own 4 pairs of shoes.  House Shoes, Winter Boots, Summer Shoes, and Hiking shoes.  For a brief time I owned 5, but my running shoes were devoured by a puppy.

I live with these 4 pair and life is fine.  I have flip flops, slippers, insulated boots, and some good hiking boots.  Naturally a pair of dress shoes or running shoes can be added, but I cant fathom the idea of having more then 10 sets of shoes at a time...  And even then I'm having trouble figuring out what kind of shoes i'd need to fill the space.

Ladies and men...  If you have more sets of shoes then you have fingers and toes then you might have gone overboard and need to considered therapy and donating...  I say this because we all know the woman with 5 different shades of pink heels... Same heels, just different shades...  Same with men.  We know that guy with 5 pairs of dress shoes because their "Different" but they looks like the same shoe with a different price tag and name attached.

Give me flack, but I speak the truth your loved ones live!

Your wallet might be in tears too at this time.

5.  Theres a spare and then theres too much.

Be realistic, you don't need things like a rain coat or warm jacket to match your outfit, your only wearing it to get from point A to B.  So why is it you buy 12 so theres "options"?!  The yellow rain coat works JUST like that grey one.  I promise, it doesn't have to match your shoes, it just needs to keep you dry.

Maybe you have a small one for light showers and a heavier one for hurricane season.  This is okay.  But you know when you have passed the limit better then I.




Well, this was a treat.  I think I'm going to go take a calming shower... Trying to focus on tips about clothes and closets isn't my style and makes me feel so dirty...


No comments:

Post a Comment