Wednesday, September 21, 2016

New Home Ideas?!

Yaaah I just moved in and all this downsizing has me thinking about the living small movements...

Tiny Homes, RV/Camper Living, Ect.


You see I do Freelance and my boyfriend does Surveys and YouTube... We live simply and on a budget. 

A friend broached the subject of tiny homes to me.  40k and some elbow grease could get me a paid off tiny home.  Or I could do 10k and get a really nice RV or camper and keep renting by doing camp grounds.

The Idea REALLY appeals to me.  Being young the idea of moving about is appealing.

So I did research... RVs are a pain because their giant cars.  Engine blows your SOL.  Campers have to be pulled.  But either way I cant drag my home to the store, job interviews, ect...  So a RV would need to haul a vehicle and a Camper would be hauled.

Needless to say campers seem less hassle so I'm going to do more research into them!


So far, I think a campground will be average 600ish a month for all hookups and water/electric.  We'll need a dish or data plan for internet... On months were low we can boondock and go off generators/solar panels and fetch water by staying at free ones (that might be 200 a month if its not free+water plus solar panels/generators be a easy 500 buck investment..)


Either way, I think it would be a great way to save cash, see the world...  I wanna do it!

So I'm going back to my research, i'll keep yall up to date!

1 comment:

  1. My daughter and I are moving into a Camper this summer when the house sells, we cant wait!

    ReplyDelete