Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Must... Escape!

God help me, renting is a nightmare.

Not sure if I mentioned this last time but the roof now leaks.

The leak has attracted pest..  The bad pest.  Lovely cockroaches.


As a clean person with a slightly clean freak of a boyfriend..  I've raised hell.  WHO WOULDNT?!

Ants, wasp, these aren't fun but their pretty CLEAN!

Roaches, rats.. No, fuck no!


No rats yet, but I have dogs to prevent these.. 


Do we get a bug bomb?  NOOO!  Do we have any prevention?  I got roach and ant motels...  He walked in and saw one and tossed it saying it was a "Health hazard"

I hate chemicals myself but damn it all!  ROACHES! 


Today he came in and saw a mason jar of water that I was using to catch them (i'll tell you how to make that in abit) and he tried to whine about that attracting roaches.  I point to the damn leak in the roof that actually is crawling with them.  Being a single floor appointment... That's not my fault. 


Soo ya.  Expect to see budget saving post to come as I look into ways to escape with my deposit.


Why haven't I moved yet?  Had to wait for classes to end and my lease.  Want my deposit.  It was cheap...  Ya, no joke, living this crap hole its gotta be the cheaper option..

Its a 300 buck jump because we have dogs over 15 pds.  That's not including Pet rent per dog either.


Soo, onto the trap.


A friend suggested this one.

Take a Quart sized jar with a nice curve (say a pickle jar or narrow mouth mason jar)

Fill half way with water, drop in some sugar and set in roach traffic.


For it to work you have to stop other leaks or water flow though since it'll split their attention.

Apparently roaches enjoy "Cleaning" in the water but they cant climb out of the jars (its working the ants too).


So dump every day or two and homemade trap with no chemicals.  It is helping but the leak in the roof just attracts more...  So.  Losing battle for me.

But Good Luck to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment