Monday, April 25, 2016

War on ants: Changing Tide

No, no... a month ago i'd call you crazy but now I like the ants.  The ants are my friend.

1.  They are sugar ants (Thank you country friend...)  They do not bite and are very passive.

2.  They are killing roaches.  Seriously, I watched them swarm one... Is that mean?  No, no its nature...

3.  They actually do "DEEP CLEANING" AKA, they get crumbs you cant reach. 


My friend from the boonies came over to try and help with the roaches again and pointed this stuff out to me.  In her mind sugar ants in the house are pests but they can be friends if you keep it under control.  She suggest deterring them from where I cook and store food ( tight sealed food, essential oils on cotton balls, double sided tape...).

But I should let them hang out by where I do my prep and washing because they are more efficient then roaches they'll starve other bugs out and even kill bees, wasp, roaches, and other ants who try to move in. 

Since they really aren't biting me or attacking my fridge I'm sort of letting it slide.  They have killed a number of roaches and they do tend to hang out in my hard to clear areas where I food can fall (between counters and behind the fridge) and their staying out of the dog food (air tight container!). 


So by keeping my usual habits of cleaning and letting them go they mainly come in after meals for crumbs (which aint bothering me) and aren't leaving a thing for roaches.  Between this and my traps the roaches have moved more towards my neighbors (I feel no pity!) the landlord is getting more complaints and starting saying "someone will be out" which means my lease ends as they come 3 months later...


So, moral of the War.  We called truse.  We cool.  Ants are okay.  Ect, ect.  I'm leaving soon anyway.  ^.^


Wolfe

No comments:

Post a Comment