Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Downsizing! (Because i really need to..!) Part 1

Ya, so as you know, I just moved and its REALLY clear I don't need everything. 

So I'm taking a note from my own blog and downsizing.

Why downsize? 

Well... You can donate and put that on your taxes or sell and get cash.  Its free money!


So I came up with a few tips that I'm sadly having to follow...


Part 1.  The Week rule.  (Mostly applied to kitchen...)

This means if your not using it ATLEAST weekly, then you don't need it....  The means everything but my bed, computer, kindle, and coffee maker are useless...  But taking my boyfriend into it, that includes his clothes, game systems, and mini fridge.

So... I also took into count things i'll need later but not yet... (because were sharing a house mainly)

I cook so I need my stove, and it cant hurt to keep the microwave and toaster oven since these were commonly used too.

But this leaves me with other items... Like the 4 mixers.  Realistically, I don't bake enough to need the mixing bowl.  I also don't need a single serve blender and a large blender...  We never have company so large one can go!  And lastly is the stick blender.  I feel its useful, but I only paid 15 bucks for it and had it a couple years. 

My solution:  Keep my single serve blender (i'll need that for my smoothies and stuff when I move), donate the big mixer and large blender because they just don't get the use to keep suck bulky objects...  And lastly, I'm giving the stick to Kirita, because hers died recently and this one may not make it too much longer either (so not worth donating).



The same was done the toaster we never used, our second toaster oven, One of those key catchers (we really never used that thanks to table of doom..), oh and our table of doom... Because we do everything at our desk anyway.


Next I went through the pots and pans.  Any rusted or overly scratched got recycled.  Because you NEVER willingly use the pan that sticks like crazy or that rusted muffin pan when you can use the clean, stick free one.

We also tossed some things that had me saying "No fucking clue..."  Like what I'm told was a garlic press...  It looked like a nut cracker to me, but I'm taking their word on it...  I probably tried to use it as a nut cracker.



Well, that was a long day...  So you just heard how day one went... (and yes, it was mainly the kitchen boxes but the rule still applies!)


Till next time!

Wolfe

No comments:

Post a Comment