Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Quick Check In

School starting soon and I figured we'd enjoy a quick touch base.

We are currently moved in... Sorta unpacked... Kind of.  I might still be unpacking my delicates and everything that isn't a coffee machine or electronic...  I know I'm not old, but damn I think teenagers unpack faster then me..


I've started a job search...  Small towns suck.  Being Summer the extra help is filled by high schoolers, the jobs require a friend of a friend for interviews (No, not joking... Small towns hire on who not so much anything else!), and sadly I wasn't the... Um... Most "entertaining" person when I was here...  College changed my moods a lot but I'm still anti gov. and anti social!   And now I live with a local trouble maker! 


Its comical when your dearest friend-sweet as can be-is considered a pest to her town for:  speaking out against animal cruelty, calling out bullshit on "high ranking members of society," and of course the unforgivable:  saying the local high school is shit and should spend more on education and less on cheerleaders and football (Le GASP!).  Very unpopular opinions!


Hah, its all interesting though.  More so then when I was a kid.  I still don't much like my hometown, but I enjoy seeing some of my oldest friends... 


Aside from that, i'll be looking at taking some courses on Coursera (free college classes, WHOO!), continuing the search for a job, writing here, unpacking (HAH), and hopefully not going nuts.


Oh, another down point?  (Because yall are really after my misery, don't lie, my bitchy post are the most popular!)  I wasn't informed that the house was in need of a roof and floor...  So were pitching in for that.  Ah, and Sal is trying to get a job in security...  Not mall cop type thing but still... I have issues with that.  Mainly because I grew up with no respect for the corrupt local cops (don't get me wrong, theres good ones, I actually liked some of the ones in Atlanta).


So ya.  Theres my dirty laundry.  Speaking of which I need to do laundry (Ahh, home hooked up washer and dryer how I love thee!) 


Wolfe

No comments:

Post a Comment