Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Happy Life Tips: Do What Ya Love

(3/25/15 Post to Weebly)


Ya heard me. Do what you love!


Me, I enjoy a lot of things. I enjoy reading, writing, and showing my creativity.


So in my case I make E-Books (Such as Hell's Playground) which brings me in a few bucks a week selling at a buck with 70% royalties. Lets say It averages me maybe 20 bucks a month.

I write blogs. Based on my views per day and that most ads give you a buck per thousand... It would take me 10 days (with about 3 ads running) to make 3 dollars. So im averaging maybe 10 bucks a month.

I also make and sell items on Amazon. Altogether that averages maybe 20 bucks a month after Shipping and Amazon's cut.


So lets see, doing what I love Im getting 50 bucks a month... And then you take out the materials for what I've made... That probably is about 5 bucks month. And then the cost of a site for my blogs, that's 10 (oh, that's the cheapest too! Atleast on Weebly.) so after you take out that 15 from my 50 im profiting 35 bucks a month...

Now you see, that's life. Its 35 extra bucks a month for about an extra 15 hours of my time. Why do I do it? Because I love to. I love to write these blogs and all my books and I enjoy making the jewelry that I sell with my friends and I love to hear how much people enjoy the items I sale!

No, you have to remember that 10 bucks for blog ads is all fake at the moment and do is the 10 bucks for the site. So I really am only profiting that 35 bucks.


Why don't blogs make me money? Because as it is that is how much I would bring in. I'd have maybe 2-4 ads running with my 120ish views a day and they only profit a buck or two per THOUSAND views. Its for reasons like that that I say not to be angry with YouTube and their ads (because most of the time their not TOO long and the YouTuber gets some cash off it) and with other people who blog and their ads.

Yes ads suck but they make that person a few bucks that helps them support their site and maybe even their life.

For me though, that wont happen. But this is why im thinking of switching to BlogSpot.com for my blog. I can post 2-5 ads there with a free blog. Sadly, I have to get my content up there first and I just don't get the views there Like I do here. Mainly because all of you are here on my fanbase! But now you know the dirty truth...


Oh well, im off topic!

Im thinking of making something like this a whole little series, similar to how I usually do with holidays. I have other friends and family to exploit! And perhaps a few oh my favorite blog fans will send me a few of their own tips and tricks or even their stories for posting! (With permission of course! I'll even change the name!)


But I will be picking this up next week to tell you about how this IS making money for a very dear friend of mine. Atleast, more then I am!

Till next time my friends!

Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment